Saturday, December 20, 2008

Totally Excited

You guys are probably all aware that I've been working on a lot of publishing opportunities and contests recently. I'm still waiting to hear back on most of those, but today I heard back on one that I thought God had closed the door on.

You may have heard me mention the online writer's group I'm part of (it's AMAZING!) The girl who runs it just got her book published. It's called Devos 2 Go, by Lydia Rule and the link for it is here.

She asked those of us on her writing group to write up some short devos/vignettes for her book. I just barely got mine in on deadline. Her editor got back to me and told me either he or Lydia would be in touch with me if either of my pieces were selected. I never heard back, so I assumed I hadn't made the cut.

Lydia sent me a copy of her book and I received it today. Signed on the inside was: Catey - Thanks for writing for my book! Enjoy! God bless, Lydia Y. Rule (See pages 105 and 110 : ) )

And there I was! Both of my devos are in there! I had NO IDEA!!! I'm really excited- this is, after all, my first print publication.

If you want to check out her book (it's really cool) you can at the link above.

Merry Christmas,

C.

6 comments:

Sky Destrian said...

*screams, claps, and jumps up and down all at the same time*

WOW! Catey, I'm so excited for you! That is such a wonderful opportunity! How amazing! I'm so glad God was able to work that out for you. :D :D :D

"The shower is turning purple..."
~Kylie

Unknown said...

It seem a funny thing to say to a 15 year old...but this has been a long time coming!! I am so proud of you. It is exciting to see....and I can't wait until your own book is also published some day!!! Loved your devotions.
NOW PRINT YOUR NEW STORY AND GET IT TO DAD AND I!!!!

Echoes in Ink said...

I already sent it to Dad- the printing is no longer my problem : )

A long time indeed.

-C

Colorado Girl said...

CONGRATS!!!! We're soooooo excited for you! Miss you!
Mrs.B

Judi said...

I'm so excited for you, Catey! (I almost spelled "exited")
We got our copy in the mail yesterday and mine was in there, too..I'm about to go read yours right now.. :)
Congrats!!
-Judi

Shirin said...

Everybody has their copy but me! Whhhaaaa! I can hardly wait to read it myself. YOU are amazing... 15... he he he..... think what you'll do by 30! Gushing with Pride, Aunty