Thursday, July 22, 2010

PREP... Borrowed Laughter

(Something I wrote during devotionals this morning...)

Borrowed Laughter

I have tickled your mind with
Laughter, borrowed from
The winking eyes of morning
Have you aroused, hopeful one?
I want with you to dig tunnels
To the moon and to
Blow bubbles of gold
Do I frighten you with my
Glittering Dance?
Are you
Afraid?
I will be nothing but a gilded
Butterfly to you if you dance
Hold my hands
Step
See the moon - through -
Here in the golden tunnel
Look out there
The stars are laughing at
Our clumsy dance
I don't mind
Don't cry
Borrow my laughter
Until the moon is here

(On Thoughtful Thursday, we made a list of life goals, things we wish we knew more about, and things we wish we had more time to do. Now we're devoting time this afternoon to doing, learning and working toward these things. I'm researching Alexander the Great and reading rhymed poetry. {Happy, Mom?} Then later, we're doing a meal planning and budgeting activity. This is my PREP job... should be fun! KMac even made us counterfeit money...)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Prepare your meals,
Make your deals.
With the money, in fact,
that came from KMac.

How is that for rhymed poetry? groan!

K-Mac said...

=)

Alice said...

catey - this reminds me of owl city :) ... and i LOVE owl city!

Avery said...

:D Love the poem. muchly.