Thursday, February 5, 2009

For Your Perusal...

In the world's broad field of battle,
In the bivouac of life,
Be not like dumb, driven cattle,
Be a hero in the strife!

Trust no future, howe'er pleasant.
Let the dead Past bury its dead!
Act - act, in the living Present,
Heart within and God o'erhead!

Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And departing, leave behind us,
Footprints, in the sands of time.

Footprints that perhaps another,
Sailing along life's troubled main,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,
Seeing, may take heart again.

Let us then be up and doing,
With a heart for any fate,
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.

An excerpt from Henry Wadsworth Longellow's A Psalm of Life

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Longfellow is the absolute BEST poet!!! I think his birthday is this month.....and that other great poet.....Dr. Suess!

Unknown said...

Longfellow - 2/27
Dr. Suess - 3/2

Sky Destrian said...

LOL! I just have to say that I like Dr. Seuss. :)

Nope, I have not read the Redwall series- but I think I might... are they good?

For future reference — Virimyn is based on Reepicheep. I needed a character like that just for fun, but the mice concept was already taken… so I decided on a hedgehog. He’s cute, with a prickly side.

Virimyn is pronounced more like “Veer-ih-min”. I think I shall call him Vir (pronounced “Veer”), much to his disliking.

Well, although I would enjoy another store-clerk story, I hope for your sake it doesn't happen. I can't wait to see what happens in Purple Mold! :D

Your Sis in Christ,
~Kylie