Saturday, November 1, 2008

The reason I haven't posted in a month....

Well, there are actually a lot of reasons I haven't posted in a month, none of which would sound good - EXCEPT:

As some of you may know, I was pouring out my heart and soul in no fewer than nine writing assignments due between Thursday and now. It may interest you to know that I DID, indeed, get them all done, but that my brain was fried and I didn't post on my blog. Apologies.

Well, now you may see many of those heart-and-soul-poured-out articles on my wonderful friend and fellow writer's online newsletter: kidsoffaithonline.net.

Please visit if you get the chance - the newsletter is just starting to take off. Before a few months ago, Kylie (the editor) was the one and only writer, and then I was on for a month before being taken on as the second writer. Now, much to my delight, I am one of four wonderful young ladies and one amazing young man as contributors on the site.

And - one of the most exciting things for me - Kylie says I get to run the fiction column all by myself!!!! I haven't had my fiction published on a forum in FOREVER!!!!

On a more excuse-for-why-I-didn't-post-all-month- note, I totally killed my hand yesterday (and by killed, I mean, killed). We had friends over and for some UNKNOWN reason we decided it would be fun to play monkey in the middle. Yeah... that was really smart on my part. I am very small - like 5'2" on a really, really good day. My sister is my same height (but she's three years younger) and her friend who was over is an inch shorter than us. The other person playing was my friend - a young man of barely fifteen who quite decidedly towers above me. He is no fewer than eight inches taller than me - and that makes monkey in the middle very difficult. So, I found my newest athletic talent (chortle... what athletic talent?) in volleyball. I could jump up into the air and hit the ball out of the sky, but I would end up on the floor every time. The last time I did so, I tripped over my friend's foot on the way down and ended up smashing into a wall - hand first. At least that loud cracking noise wasn't my head... that's what he said, at least. Now my hand is bruised and I'm having a hard time typing with my right hand (which is bad... because I'm right-handed).

Anyway, for all the blog posts that I should have made, but didn't, visit: kidsoffaithonline.net

6 comments:

Judi said...

You call a dead hand an excuse?!! You oughta be ashamed of yourself...not posting in almost a month!!! I am a faithful reader and commenter of your blog and i refuse to have this happen again.
-Judi (who hasn't updated in almost two weeks)

Sky Destrian said...

Hey Catey,

I got a public blog!! (yipee!)

I'd love it if you want to check it out...

http://www.misskylie412.wordpress.com

Thanks for posting about KOF btw! It's great! I'm honored to have you on my staff.

In His Love,
~Kylie

Colorado Girl said...

I think the young man needed a swift kick in the shins. JK, I think you should probably stick to converstation rather than games with that bunch. However, I'm glad you're back. I miss reading your entries.You could always borrow my wrap...
Mrs. B

Echoes in Ink said...

Judi- I never said that was one of my excuses.... that was just my whine for the post. (insert angelic smile). I will try not to let that happen again- I don't really need my persistent commenter on my back.

Faithfulfollower- Awesome blog! I want to do a post like "Random is just God's way"!!!! I may have to...I'm honored to be on staff!

Coloradogirl- Do you honestly think that the game was MY idea????? No! That would be your son!!! And it was his foot I tripped on, too! I tried to convince him we do better talking... sigh.

Sky Destrian said...

Hi Catey~

Thanks for stopping by! I've actually moved (again)... blush

My NEW-ish blog is http://www.reflections412.wordpress.com

Instead of the misskylie412 one.

Thanks!

You definitely SHOULD do a post like "Random is Just God's Way" !! That would be so much fun!!! I would love to read it!!

Love ya, my writing and funny buddy :o)

~Kylie

original-knitter said...

I have killed my hand by writing too long before. I know that's nothing compared to your hand, but I remembered that while i was reading your post.
Great post though.