Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lead the Escape

I watched the evening program for the CFC conference a few days ago. My mind is still caught up in the many short moments of it, my heart still frantically attached to the words I heard. I watched the speakers, heard the message, and thought, I will never reach that place.

And, at the same time, it's the only place I want to be.

Someone once told me, Why not aim for the moon, because if we fail, won't we hit a star?

I want to hit a star in my communication. I want to be one who, whether or not I lead the perfect escape, manages to somehow touch someone in the process.

And though I may miss the moon, at least I will hit the stars.

I see that it is impossible to be all that I need to be. But, somehow, it's all right, because while I may never reach that place, it is the only place I want to go. And when I only aim for places I know I can go, how will I ever know if I could have gone to a place that I actually wanted to?

If I attempt the impossible, maybe I'll be surprised.

I hope that a few days or a hundred years down this road, I will look up and see that I am at that place I thought I'd never attain. I know that I won't see the road along the way, because where's the faith and adventure in that? When one leaps for the stars, all that they can see is the darkness all around them.

But whether I look up and my feet are on the moon, or I fall onto a star, I know that I will have found the place I want to be. And who dares tell me it is impossible?

3 comments:

Colorado Girl said...

You'll get there! There is no doubt. God is going to fulfill that desire that He has put in your heart. Can't wait to see it all come into place.

God bless!
Mrs. B

Shirin said...

Be faithful with little and He will enable you to be faithful with the "much" that He has planned for you. He is in the business of doing immeasurably more than you can ask or imagine so keep on dreaming big dreams and simply being faithful.

Unknown said...

I think you have already touched people.....don't forget about the average, every day people. The ones who aren't coming to conferences and chapter meetings, but the ones in Sparks and the ones who live right under your roof! You minister through your communication with them already!