Thursday, July 10, 2008

You Know You're a Writer When....

... you debate whether or not it's a good idea to actually write today.

I'm having one of my bad-shoulder days. These are the days when I decide that shoulders are evil and of the devil. I get one every couple of months.

When you write as much as I do, eventually your shoulders have had enough! And they tell you that, too. They won't let you write. They just sit there and make your life miserable. (That's why they're evil and of the devil)

So, here I am, trying to decide whether it's a good idea for me to write by hand, or even type. Even this short little warning telling you about the evils of shoulders makes my own squeak in contempt for my lifestyle.

Hope I make the right decision. I wouldn't want other body parts to join the rebellion against writing.

Take a stand for freedom,
Catey

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Know why your shoulder is bothering you? Because you were going to write embarrassing things about your mother. God is good....though I am sorry your shoulder hurts!

ShaneD said...

Now Now Mrs. Jill you know it's not nice to wish bad things on your children. Tut Tut :). Hope you shoulder feels better catey. See you later.

ShaneD said...

um... well a gramatical correction here the previous post was supposed to say "your shoulder" instead of you shoulder. And since I was posting a writer's blog I figured that things like that don't usually go over to well. Anyway there it is.

Sky Destrian said...

I totally agree! I cannot write for very long until my shoulders & neck start hurting. That is one disadvantage to being a writer!

~Kylie

Judi said...

Hi, Catey,
I'm from the writer's group that you recently joined and I found you on Maddee's blog.
I just thought I'd come by and say hi.
Love your posts. :-)
-Judi