Monday, February 14, 2011

And even longer


When I left my glass slipper there on the step, I did not expect you to pick it up. I was running at a hundred thousand miles an hour, knowing I did not belong there. I don't know what I expected would happen to my shoe. I supposed I would have left it there in that land of polished lights and glowing wineglasses. It fit in there.

I did not expect you.

I did not expect the bloodstains on the heels from where your hands were bleeding from saving me from that roaring dragon at the ball. I did not expect your crown to be made of brambles. Princes are princes, true is true, but what prince has no gold upon him but his golden eyes?

You saw me.

They (not you) have all forgotten the captive monster who posed as the princess. The tinkling goblets never stop their music-box-melody from within, but I feel the horns sprouting from my forehead and the hunching of my back - I am no princess! - Oh, why did I ever pretend? Now I know too much...

The rain falls on my face and the laughter turns to thunder. I trip on my one-shoe and feel my dress soak full of mud. Your crown is beside me, and my glass slipper.

Have you really loved me all this time?


He says, And even longer.
{True love at first sight}

3 comments:

Meggie said...

wow, that is absolutly beautiful and amazing. So very colourful, I felt what she felt. Wonderful.

Blessings,
Meggie

Art said...

Ohhh, beautiful.

I wish I spoke French so I didn't feel pretentious exclaiming, "bella!"

Art said...

*Spanish?

[what do the french say?]