Friday, December 11, 2009

How Very

What sort of normal person is expected to write an academic essay in 500 words or less on US History II? Just thought I'd make note of that...

Okay, for real, here's a poem I wrote and decided I'd post, since I've been posting disgracefully infrequently.

How very curious, my dear,
How very
I wonder what the trees said that morning
I thought I heard the stars sing aloud
Maybe for joy
Maybe

How very lovely, my dear,
How very
I wonder why the angels sing so quietly
I thought I could hear them
Maybe far away, softly
Maybe

How very thoughtful, my dear,
How very
I wonder why the Christchild comes
I thought I saw him, though he is gone
Maybe here, maybe there
Maybe

How very silent, my dear,
How very
I wonder why the songs are yet here
I thought this darkly silence was unbroken
Maybe there is light even here
Maybe

How very precious, my dear,
How very
I wonder why such a good thing has come
I thought all we were is darkness, fire and sand
Maybe there is more worth to us than that
Maybe

How very irresistible, my dear,
How very
I wonder why I am so drawn to such a small thing
I thought I could run from something so finite
Maybe there is infinity in this child, love
Maybe

Well, back to the 500-words-or-less paper...



3 comments:

Unknown said...

How very beautiful, my dear
How very.
Maybe I will someday read your poems without crying.
Maybe.....

Art said...

"Maybe there is infinity in this child, love
Maybe"

Wow, Catey, I love this poem. <3

Georgianna Penn said...

Great poem. I really enjoyed reading it.

I noticed you in your "About Me" section you have one of the avatars I posted on BlueSky Graphics. If you like, I can e-mail you the one without a watermark. :)

Trishelle