Saturday, October 4, 2008

Why You Should Probably Check Your Own Sources....

Hi, everyone.

Today I'm at a Communicators for Christ conference, speaking at a mini-tournament on my second day here.

Confession: I happen to be a little nervous about my Impromptu.

Reason: I don't feel prepared:

Why that's not really an oxymoron: I thought I was signing up for Apologetics but as it turns out, the smart person I trusted to tell me whether I'd be able to compete Apologetics or not was wrong and I can't.

My outward reaction: Smile. "Okay... it'll be an adventure!"

My inward reaction: "AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

My current feelings: Maybe I can do this.... or if I stink really badly, maybe my Interp will make up for it.... Why did I sign up for something I've never done before?????

Why this isn't a justified feeling: I only have to speak for two minutes and I'm not speaking against any of my debater/speaker friends (whew!)

What I'd like you to do: Pray for me :)

Okay, all joking aside, I think today's going to be really fun. If it's anything like last night, there will be a lot of humor, some very relaxed acting, and a moving message. And I think I'll probably do okay on my speeches too - considering I've never done them at least.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You will do great! You have been speaking WELL since you were six months old! It is what the women in our family DO. I will say....that will teach you to listen to that "smart person" again! Especially when he is trying to convince you to join CFC, which I would love for you to do but we have NO time for. hee hee
Anyway....I am praying for you!

Judi said...

I'm praying for you, Catey..you'll do so well...I just know it..and if you don't..you can even make a post about how wrong I was. ;-)
-Judi

Sky Destrian said...

Hey Catey,

I am sure you'll do well! You are so great at articulating your thoughts. Nevertheless, I'll pray for you. :o)

In His Love,
~Kylie