Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sparks of Illumination

Well, here I am. Sitting at my computer writing my very first blog post on my first public site. That's somewhat exciting, don't you think?

Let me begin by explaining the Sparks of Illumination.

I'll first define what this means.

Sparks are fiery particles that shoot off of a larger flame. They are also defined as being an inspiration or a stimulation.

Illumination is spiritual enlightenment. It is the source of light, and it is the adornment of books.

God is our ultimate Source of light. He is the giver of light, the sustainer of light, and the one who called us out of darkness to be children of light (Ephesians 5:8). His Spirit is also the one who "illuminates" or reveals his spiritual truth in the Bible (Romans 8:5) And, most of all, He inspires. He gives us little "sparks" of understanding and ideas. He gives us stories, and songs, and pictures, and little pieces of his heart.

The heart of God is so unfathomable that none of us can understand it completely. But as his children, he gave us each a little part of it. We call these parts our gifts, our passions, the causes we believe in. Little sparks off a big fire.

The piece of God's heart I was entrusted with comes out in my writing. His love and beauty adorns my pages like illumination. He sparked ideas that have become novels, poems, and essays.

This site will share my sparks of illumination- my fragments of God's heart. Thank you for joining me on this journey. A great fire may result from a tiny spark. God is ready to ignite our minds and our hearts for him. God is ready to ignite our world on fire- and may it spark from us.

Some verses about the sparks of illumination:

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on things of the Spirit." Romans 8:5

"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from whome you learned it, and how from childhood you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed, and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:14-16

"The Spirit of the LORD speaks by me; his word is on my tongue." 2 Samuel 23:2

"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them the light has shined." Isaiah 9:2

"For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." Ephesians 5:8

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness, into His marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9

"How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire!" James 3:5b

"I will make you a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth." Isaiah 49:6b

5 comments:

Unknown said...

FAB! Can't wait to keep up with all the parts of God's heart that He reveals through you!!!

Cyndi said...

As always when I see God's heart in your your writing I am inspired! You have the ability to say things with words that lots of us cannot. I am so excited to read through your journey here!
Keep up the sparks!!

Shirin said...

What a great set of passages! I am going to add them to my list of ones to memorize next year with Jillian!
Thanks for sparking my enthusiasm and discipleship coursework!
Aunty

Yuenster said...

I love the post and verses. I look forward to your upcoming words and writing.

tjweber6 said...

Catey,
You are a beautiful Princess of the King, with a heart that is as beautiful as your face! I love you and I can't wait to see all of the growing Jesus has for you as you start this new journey. Your gift of writing will bless others and please our Heavenly Father.

Much Love,
Miss Jen