Monday, July 23, 2012

when hearts are many-faced

My heart has many faces, and all of them are turned toward many yous.

I miss our impromptu singing.

 I miss looking at you and the telepathic connection unfolding.

I miss knowing your heart and reading your face.

 I miss dancing.

 I miss long travel days.

I miss setting food aside for you when you’re too busy to eat.

I miss getting texts from you when we’re sitting across from each other in boring meetings.

 I miss pinning on your nametag and fixing your hair.

I miss apples and peanut butter and bran muffins and chocolate chip cookie dough.

I miss  sitting under blankets and hammocks and the way you smell early in the morning.

I miss stairwells and bad food days and the weird smell of Wendell’s office

.I miss the broken oven and the uncomfortable futons and people being everywhere.

I miss laughing till we make the sun rise at night.

I miss your laugh and your voice and your smile and the way your eyes become soft as cotton candy right before your heart leaps from your lips.

 I miss times when you told me your secrets and we cried.

 I miss you.If you were a person, you’d be a many-faced person.

If you were a heart, you’d be a many-faced heart. And I think we are more or less a person, because I think we are more or less a lonely bride. And I think we are more or less a heart, because I feel us beating each other sometimes.

 I miss lots of things today. And it’s good to miss and it’s good to remember and it’s good to care that the pieces of my heart - the pieces of his heart - will someday be gathered, and we’ll have one face. Then there will be no more missing at all, because we will be one.

No comments: