Thursday, July 16, 2009

Screening Calls

Why you should never screen phone calls:

The last time I screened an out-of-state call (Virginia), I found out days late that I had taken 4th in the Patrick Henry College short story contest (my story's on their website - here)

This time, my sister didn't answer a different Virginia call.

I find out today that I took 3rd place in the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) Poetry contest. It was a Sestina poem (not the one I posted a few months ago) but I'm not sure which one out of the two I wrote took the placing, but I'm really really really excited. It should be up fairly soon on the HSLDA website here. I'll post when I find out that it's been put up.

God bless,
Catey
Who has no luck in screening calls

***EDIT***
My poem is now up on the HSLDA website, and for the first time, I actually feel pretty good about this one. I did not expect this to be the winner (it felt pious when I submitted it, but it's a unique look at the topic.) but I am very very happy nonetheless. You may read it at this link: http://www.hslda.org/Contests/Poetry/2009/2009poems.asp#Catey.
Echoes in ink,
Catey
Who also has no luck in predicting winning pieces

***LAST EDIT, I PROMISE***
Vote on my poll down below my blog name... I'm trying to gather opinions on something, and I'd love for yours to be a part of it!
Echoes in ink,
Catey
Who adds multiple edits to her blog posts

4 comments:

Yuenster said...

Awesome! Congratulations! You amaze me, and I'm so happy for you.

Yuenster said...

Gotta love those cash prizes too...

Sophie said...

Congradulations!!! I loved the poem so much, and am so excited for you. :)

Judi said...

Congrats, Catey! I'm so happy for you..
I loved this poem! Def one of my favorites :)
-Judi
PS: I was on facebook before I clicked over to your blog..and I started looking for the button that says "Like this post" :P